Community Social Services
Community Social Services (CSS) provides various services and opportunities primarily for adults and children with physical disabilities in Chester County. CSS includes: information and referral, social work services, Options counseling, an adaptive toy and equipment lending library, client assistance grants for assistive technology and a Computer program that provides free computers and support.
CSS also includes: Storytellers a group that meets monthly to express themselves through storytelling and artwork.
What does the program include?
- Information and Referral : information on disability issues and referrals to county agencies and services
- ADA Counseling: providing information on the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Advocacy: providing assistance to disabled people, their family and/or friends with the agencies bureaucracies
- Community Education: providing speakers for interested groups and organizations
- Computer Telecommunications Project: providing computers, free of charge, to clients so they can access e-mail and the Internet.
- Client Assistance grants: once a year the agency takes requests for certain disability items from Chester County residents with physical disabilities
Storytellers at CPA
STORYTELLERS are a group of artists and writers from our adult community who meet monthly at our office to share their experiences. You can see and read some of their work at: http://storytellersatcpa.wordpress.com/
NEW offerings in our CSS program:
We became a Funding Assistance Center for the Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation.
We also joined the Chester County Financial Stability Center which is a collaborative effort of the PA CareerLink and United Way of Chester County. Come visit us the first and third Monday morning of every month to discuss disability related services and employment resources. The Financial Stability Center provides service navigators and coaches to help you clarify your financial goals, provide support and connect you to a set of services to achieve your goals.
What are the costs?
All programs are provided free of charge. The agency is a Medical Assistance Provider. Agency programs are funded in part from government contracts, United Way member support, and private donations.
You can help!
Your donations allow us to keep these programs free and running!
The Agency is a regional lending library for P.I.A.T (Pennsylvania Institute for Assistive Technology).